The item: As featured in A Scandal in Begravia, Sherlock’s Woburn 8 dressing gown in navy blue satin-silk stripe, by Derek Rose.
"The Woburn is a pure silk men’s dressing gown with a satin stripe design, featuring a shawl collar, breast pocket and two side pockets. One of our most popular classic robes, the Woburn epitomises timeless, refined elegance, striking the perfect balance between luxury and simplicity. We think it makes the perfect sleepwear add-on for any gentleman’s wardrobe."
Item details: It is a size Large, and has only been worn once, when I tried it on for several minutes. It will come packaged in its original box and ribbon.
- Likes, comments, and reblogs all count, but you must be following me. Only one reblog will count - your first one.
- You must be willing to disclose an address where I can send the item, should you win.
- On that note, I’ll need to notify the winner so make sure your ask boxes are open (or will be open). I will give the winner 48 hours to respond before I pick another winner. If necessary I will continue in this manner until I reach someone.
- I will pick the winner using an online random number generator.
- I will do that at the very end of this month: midnight BST on the 1st of September.
- I will do international shipping.
- No giveaway blogs, please. I reserve the right to delete entries from these types of blogs.
This is my first giveaway so if I’ve left out any pertinent information, let me know and I’ll do my best to fix it!
Good luck :)
PS If the winner is so inclined, I’ll also include this sealed bottle of Jessica nail varnish in the color 222 Winter Berries, which is what Lara Pulver wore as Irene Adler in this episode.
WIN A ‘THE FIFTH ESTATE’ POSTER SIGNED BY BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH!
We’ve got three to give away - one for each of our main social networks.
For a chance to win the Tumblr poster simply like or re-blog this post. We’ll also running the competition on Facebook (all you need to do is like or comment on our ‘The Fifth Estate’ post) and for the Twitter one you can enter here.
You only need enter once on each network and winners will be drawn at random. The competition is open worldwide and closes next Monday 21/10/2013. The competition is open worldwide.
Don’t forget you can read our in-depth review of the movie here.
Walking stick fighting a la Sherlock Holmes
Bartitsu is the eccentric “mixed martial art” founded in London in the late 1800s as a combination of Japanese jujitsu, Swiss/French cane fighting and British boxing. It was famously written into the Sherlock Holmes stories (misspelled as “baritsu”) when Sir Arthur Conan Doyle needed a deus ex machina device to explain how Holmes had defeated his arch-nemesis, Professor Moriarty, in their battle at the Reichenbach Falls.
Read the full article from io9 here.
We’d love to see some of this in series 3, maybe Sherlock could use Mycroft’s umbrella?
CAN YOU IMAGINE IF JACK HARKNESS CAME BACK?
He and Clara would make the show one giant, sassy innuendo.
THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN.
Let’s take a moment to appreciate this.
The family Pond behind the scenes.
Martin Freeman accidentally professing his love for Benedict Cumberbatch during a Q&A at UCD (via watsonsdick)
Martin ‘add fuel to the fire’ Freeman.(via cumberbuddy)
Yesterday Matt Smith filmed his final scenes as The Doctor. The Chrismtas Doctor Who Special has wrapped. Peter Capaldi filmed his first scenes as The Doctor. Mark down the day.
Oh Benedict, stop beeing so cute
(Gifs are not mine .. credits to all owners of course)